How To Find UsClick the map to enlarge...
Click here for train times (Bath Spa station)
Bike in Bath:
Bike in Bath is a public bike hire service which allows users to take a
bicycle from one of four city centre docking stations in Bath. The bike
can be returned to any of the four docking stations in the city, where
it will then be available for another person to use. The system creates a
rapid and flexible network of bikes in the city and provides a real
alternative to car use. Click here for more info.
How to be a ‘Green Visitor’…
At Brooks Guesthouse we are committed to operating in an environmentally friendly way. Here are some suggestions on how to be a greener visitor:
Give the car a rest and travel by train or bus.
**Get 2-4-1 on top
Bikes - If you travel to
Re-use towels – towels are changed on the 3rd night of your stay to avoid wasting energy through unnecessary laundry.
Conserve energy – switch lights off when not needed and keep windows closed when heating is on. All rooms have thermostatic valves on radiators so heating temperature can be adjusted as required.
Be water wise – use water wisely, such as by turning the tap off when brushing your teeth.
Reduce, re-use, recycle – leave recyclable goods in your room and we shall recycle them.
Support Green Tourism Businesses – There are hundred’s of businesses trying to reduce their environmental impacts through the Green Tourism Business Scheme, see www.green-business.co.uk for more information.
Brooks Guesthouse – Green Policy
At Brooks Guesthouse we are committed to working in a sustainable way. We are undertaking the following actions in order to achieve this:
- We comply with the requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice.
- We continuously seek to improve our environmental and social performance.
- We reduce pollution emissions and waste.
- We reduce the use of energy, water and other resources.
- We raise awareness, encourage participation and train employees in sustainable business practices.
- We expect similar environmental standards from all suppliers and contractors.
- We assist customers to use products and services in an environmentally sensitive way.
- We have minimised our risks associated with social and environmental issues.
- We have joined the Green Tourism Business Scheme as an indicator of our sustainable practices.